If a guardian has a credit on their account, you can apply it to a new invoice as you create it.
- From the menu to the left, click Accounting.
- Click Invoices. The invoices page opens.
- Enter your accounting PIN and click Go.Note: If you do not have an account PIN set, you are prompted to set one.
- Click New Invoice.
- Begin setting up the invoice as you normally would. For more information, see Creating an Invoice or Create a Recurring Invoice.
- Click the Select Participant drop-down menu and select the participant for the invoice. If there are any credit on the guardian's account, the credit displays.
- The credit is applied by default. If you do not want to apply the credit to this invoice, you must click next to remove it.Note: If you apply a credit to a new recurring invoice, any credits on the parent account will always be automatically applied to the next invoice.
- When finished building the invoice, click Preview.
- Click Create or Create and Send.
Note: If you apply a credit to a new invoice, it is created as a Partially Paid invoice, instead of as an Unpaid invoice. On the Invoices page, make sure you set the Status filter to include invoices that are at the Partially Paid status.