You can create invoices and email them to payers. You can either create an invoice each day/week/month, or you can create recurring invoices. In this article, we discuss how to create a single invoice. For more information about creating recurring invoices, see Create a Recurring Invoice.
When creating invoices, you can invoice siblings at the same time, and you have the option to invoice withdrawn children.
- From the menu to the left, click Accounting.
- Click Invoices.
- Enter your accounting PIN and click Go.Note: If you do not have an account PIN set, you are prompted to set one.
- Click New Invoice. The New Invoice page opens.
- In the Billing Period section, select the billing period for which to create the invoice.
- In the Invoice Date box, enter the date for the invoice. This defaults to today's date.
- Click next to Email Payer on Invoice Creation to email the invoice to the payer once you finish creating the invoice.
- Click next to Include Withdrawn Participants to create an invoice for a withdrawn participant.
- Click the Select Participant drop-down menu and select the participant for whom to create the invoice.Note: Depending on your display settings, this menu may be called something else, such as Select Child. For more information, see Set Display Settings.
- Click the Rate box and enter the rate for care.
- Click the Rate Type drop-down menu and choose from the following:
- Half Day
- Two Weeks
- Enter the charges. Note that the Subtotal and Total boxes update as you input charges.
- Click the Units box and enter the amount of the rate type for which to charge. For example, if you are charging for five (5) days of care, you would enter 5 in this box.
- Click the Fees box and enter an additional dollar amount to charge, if needed.
- Click the Discount box and enter any discount to apply to the invoice. You can click the $ drop-down menu and select $ or %.
- Click the Line Item Notes box and enter any notes about these charges. For example, if the additional fee is for extra diapers, you could note it in this box.
- To add a sibling to this invoice, click Add Participant, and select the sibling to add. Then, repeat Step 11 for the new line.Note: Participants must share the same Payer to be available when adding additional participants to the invoice. Click here to view a video about adding siblings to the same invoice.
- Click the General Notes box and enter any additional notes about this invoice. For example, you could enter a thank you message. You can also click next to Show This Note on New Invoices to show this note on new invoices.
- When finished, click Preview.Note: You can also click Save for Later to leave this invoice in draft status and return to it at a later time.
- Review the invoice and ensure the details are correct.
- Click Create or Create and Send (if the Payer has an email address on file).
Once you create or create and send an invoice, it moves from Draft status to Unpaid status. Once the guardian makes a payment, you can record a payment to the invoice. For more information, see Record Invoice Payments.